Making a budget is so boring. Why do it?
- Budgeting will let you know if you can afford an extra cost like a new car, a trip, new clothes, or furniture.
- If you can’t afford something new now, a budget can help you predict when you might be able to afford something in the future.
- A budget can give you an incentive to earn more money - either with your current job or by doing outside work in addition to your job.
- A budget helps everyone in the family understand where the money is going, and to plan for when money is tight.
- A budget helps you plan for savings.